Dr. Leora Pinhas
Physician Lead, Eating Disorders Program
Dr. Leora Pinhas is a child and adolescent psychiatrist who works with individuals who struggle with eating disorders and their families.
She is an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto and has been the Psychiatric Director of the Eating Disorder Program at Southlake Regional Health Centre and The Hospital for Sick Children.
Dr. Pinhas recently joined the Adolescent Program at Ontario Shores Centre for
Mental Health Sciences, and is currently working to develop a residential treatment model for adolescents with eating disorders.
She has co-edited a book for parents of children with eating disorders and has co-authored two eating disorder psycho-educational manuals as well as a number of peer-reviewed papers on various topics in eating disorders. Dr. Pinhas was the Founding President of the Eating Disorder Association of Canada, is the current the Co-Chair of the Growing Healthy Bodies Working Group of the Sandbox Project (a national child health think tank) and member of the steering committee for the Ontario Community Outreach Program for Eating Disorders.
- Dr. Pinhas: Calorie Legislation Will Do More Harm Than Good
- Obesity and Eating Disorders – A tale of two reports Part 2
- Obesity and Eating Disorders – A tale of two reports
- 'We Can't Disenfranchise Patients Who Suffer From Orphaned Illnesses'
- Treat Patients, Not Disorders: The Problem with DSM diagnoses
- Calorie Legislation Not Helpful in Treatment of Eating Disorders